• the top online inspiration guide for your home https://www.acuratedhome.com for every session or for special occasions
• WE EDIT IN PHOTOSHOP & LIGHTROOM!!! Do not assume that the quotes you have seen include capturing in full-size RAW formate and editing in RAW or ANY editing!!
• High-touch, personalized service. I help my less computer-savvy clients and have a wide product range, samples and inspiration guides from America’s top boutique print company which also has amazing antiqued wood frames. I keep up with birthdays and special times of the year.
• Top camera, lenses, software, frames, pro editing, B&W conversions & layout done personally with my, former, wedding magazine design experience
• I offer payment plans and album gift registry
• The same top Italian albums used by Ghionis and Yervant
• The convenience and accountability of having the Wedding Wire and Client-management platform
• Our location portrait sessions can be done tethered to a Retina display
• I collaborate with two hair, makeup, fashion stylists with her own salons in Brampton and Uptown
• I am not cutting any of your services to compete with fly-by-night, discount, big box or part-time shooters, but rather, offer high-quality, long-term, personalized service and products that last. My price list tells all and there are no unwelcome surprises, nor will you regret choosing a company priced so low that they won’t have any time for you or loose all of the footage. Don’t trust an album that was produced cheaply; the photos will fade and it will fall apart. Value your wedding and I will accept payment plans and still provide you with cherished additions before and long after your wedding, as you become more established and grow into the finer things in life with beautiful things to inspire you and your family. Start with a boudoir or engagement session, then your wedding, then family photos. It pays to build a relationship with a professional.
Most couples begin by asking what our packages cost, but before that information can mean anything to you, it is important to realize that companies follow one of two vastly different business models which are tied to their photographic style, which I will explain. Also, bear in mind that saving money through low introductory pricing does not mean a lower total cost in the end. Beware that some bargain-basement companies have lost all of the footage, while our top cameras contain dual memory cards that back up to the second card, on-the-fly, should anything happen to one of the cards. My last cautionary note is to advice you that ending up with a disk and photo gallery online is cheaper than an album package but it leaves out the important role of presentation, which I know about because I was the graphic designer at Sposa wedding magazine. Brides want more than a CD in a drawer. Photography is the only thing from the wedding that will last, so plan to invest enough of the overall wedding budget on quality photography.
The most sought-after style today is one where, instead of hundreds of forced, generic shots, the photographer creates, documents and tells a story, almost in an editorial fashion, with a combination of real moments and, at appropriate times, voyeuristic, fashion-flair photos that are mildly-directed candids that artistically capture the uniqueness of each client.
Our price includes the corrected, high-res digital files which the companies with lower introductory fees hang on to and sell to you later at a profit. Our Portrait Journalism, non-album or album packages allow us to shoot in a more photojournalistic style as opposed to focussing on just getting the money shots that the family will order as prints at the post-wedding sales meeting and it allows us to shoot more photos and more creatively.
We prefer to do some family and group photos in a more candid and intimate setting, if possible, with the aim of shooting more for an album story, or slide show, instead of static prints through after sales alone. It’s a different business model and end result than the traditional approach and, as I said, it is the most sought-after style today because it treats the photographers more as creative artists, doing what they do best, charging artist fees at their level of accomplishment, free to respond to the moment or be creative without undo worry about shot lists, table shots and a cookie cutter approach.
• Tommy Ray as photographer
• layouts created by veteran wedding magazine layout artist
• digital files—High & Low Res (social media size) Images on USB Drive
• digital photo sharing App for sharing among friends and family
• backup, editing
• pre-wedding casual meeting
• post-wedding consultation (except with Economy wedding)
• unlimited captures
• private online photo gallery for print ordering & easy viewing by friends and family
(I guarantee one year of hosting)
• Venue Acclimation Meeting if necessary (possible meeting location?) (except Economy)
• limited number of weddings per year
• product idea reference books from our Top-of-the-industry American Custom Photo Lab
• Album Gift Registry
• Canon 5DIII or IV and top glass, 4 radio-controlled Canon 600 speedlites w/ umbrella, softbox and high-power batter packs, backup cameras. (Camera with two cards slots for instant backup to second card. This is a must at a wedding!)
I create portraits and wedding photos that stem from my attitude of mindfulness, enjoyment of the moment and enthusiasm; I guess you could call it Zen. I bring the best energy possible to a wedding or shoot in the belief that play is key.
Wedding Photography veterans have learned that couples should put the emphasis on enjoying their special day and not get too stressed, obsessive or perfectionist to a counter-productive degree. Take a few conscious breaths to get your mind out of the overactive thinking and worrying and into the present. A few stretches and shaking it all out beforehand is ok. I’ve taken my portrait work up a notch by studying the top New York head shot master, don’t let the unfamiliar direction concern you; you’ll look on the tethered larger screen and see great results, full of life and expression regardless of your initial comfort level. Don’t settle for a technically correct photo with no life in it!
Please request a quote from our contact page or email us for a price list. Our wedding packages start at $1657 with a small booklet all the way up to our boutique Heirloom Collection with handmade Italian Graphistudio albums. Prices subject to change without notice.
$1 PER MINUTE OF SHOOTING TIME SPECIAL (including the extra culling, correcting and uploading) ie. 45 min. session is $45 and includes one-hour of culling and retouching time and up to 30 minutes driving in total. Mileage over 30 minutes is $25/hour extra and an extra 30 minutes is $39.
CHECK OUT OUR PRICING AND ORDERING GALLERIES THROUGH THIS SAMPLE PAGE OF FINE ART THAT IS FOR SALE
A) http://tomrayphoto.com/rbart This list contains both the top-quality, professional Toronto Lab and the biggest professional supplier in the U.S. with the widest range of products. Includes manual colour correction, editing, quality control and processing. Duty may apply but saves you the cost and time of in-person sales.
Price list A does not currently offer packages but I can assure you that there is no or very low incremental markup at this time and that these are the top products available (aside from doing custom manual orders through the photographer with the use of our boutique inspiration frame and product guides at acuratedhome.com.)
B) http://tomrayphoto.com/rb1hr This American printer is also professional. Choose this option for speed and lower cost. Does not come with additional editing or quality control over the original colour correction you see. Duty may apply but saves you the cost and time of in-person sales.
The above list, list B, offers PACKAGES!
BRONZE PACKAGE $199 + Session fee (currently $45/45 minutes) or order A la Carte with no minimum order
4 8x10"s on backing board ready for framing
See the above. Save more with each higher package.
C) Top American Boutique Printer/Framer—see our physical samples, sample books and make a custom order. For out most discerning client or clients who prefer not to use computers to make their orders. Physical 4x6 proofs are available.
No high-pressure sales meeting, simply order what you want off of the gallery and we gladly offer to walk you through it and of course, if you do not know how to use computers at all you can order 4x6 proofs and make orders that way or pay us $20 to walk you through your order.
STUDIO/ ON-LOCATION HEADSHOT PACKAGE SPECIAL $227 Total ($50/hour Special; Reg. $95)
I follow the method of the top NYC head shot guru, Peter Hurley, who aims to nail one killer head shot, but like other approaches as well. One approach is to aim for two great photos, one smiley and one more dramatic or suited to your type or brand. I tend to do the former in the studio and the latter on location.
45-min. on location or studio, natural light or softbox, possibly tethered to Retina laptop or large monitor
Retouched, high-res file included w/ copyright
1100 px file included; 8x10s can be ordered here or elsewhere
hair and makeup $100 extra/look
(Basement Headshots are done at 427 & 401 area, near Renforth and Rathburn) Chose the best image, from private gallery of proofs. Additional images are $50 each after you purchase the first image.
STUDIO FAMILY/ INDIVIDUAL PHOTO SESSION (427 & 401 area; Renforth and Rathburn)
Basement Studio is $32/hour (because it's a basement lol)
TO BOOK A SESSION SPECIAL GO TO tomrayphoto.com/contact AND INCLUDE "SPECIAL" in the Subject line
$20/image for additional retouching over the initial standard image treatment
DIGITAL FILES AND SAVING MONEY
Want to have all the internet-sized images from a session? $5/each for 800px, $10/each for 1100px. $100 minimum order (the only minimum we impose). Large digital images are meant for printing only and since you probably want retouching you might as well order the print instead of asking about the print file, because I include the edited social-media-size digital file along with every print order anyway and sell the other ones cheap. If we went any lower we would not be able to continue to offer you boutique level artistry, products and service year after year. :-)
One great way to reduce the cost is to stick with the same photographer because clients get faster at ordering online through the same site, setting up shoots is quicker because you're already in my system and just having worked together before makes it easier, better and more fun; I get to know what you want and can deliver it easier; I can see what savings or perks might be possible as well and can keep track of people's important milestone events too.
WALL ART AND DECOR
DIGITAL ALBUM DOWNLOADS
BUSINESS PORTRAITS/ACTING HEADSHOTS
WEDDING/E.SESSION/BOUDOIR (let us mail you a brochure)
FAMILY (see our boutique sample books)
WE CARE ABOUT OUR CLIENTS AND IMPORTANT DATES
REPEATED CLIENTS ARE REWARDED WITH A TAILORED EXPERIENCE
We offer something for all levels of investment, economy to boutique, but specialize in 8x10" and larger framed wall art prints, framed with barn board and stressed painted wood, wood prints, for example. Enjoy our boutique range sample books and samples.
• I shoot 100% digital, which greatly enhances the ability to capture contemporary, photojournalistic, wedding moments and to work in changing light and low light. I could shoot some film at an Engagement Session or Trash the Dress, but it is more costly and I can simulate film through editing too.
• I use the Canon 5DIII, the best wedding camera in the world according to Kenneth Rockwell (which automatically backs up by shooting to two cards simultaneously) with the best Canon EF lenses for the job like the new 70-200mm 2.8II IS, and the current flagship speedlites in the world the 600exII RTs! Nikon technology lags so far behind that I question the professionalism of Nikon wedding speedlighters.
• I shoot tethered to a large NEC display or retina-display Macbook Pro in the studio for instant feedback
• I bring backup bodies and equipment to every wedding
• although I use natural and available light as much as possible, I have mastered the use of discreet and seamless bounce flash which is indispensable at a wedding
• I shoot a mixture of fashion and photojournalistic styles and am shooting personal, cutting-edge, fashion work with my hair and makeup stylist who has her own salon and fifteen years experience
• I do B&W and expert tonal editing as well. I love black and white but it depends on the photo. In my opinion, photos can be dramatically enhanced through individual treatment but that that is best reserved for the select shots in the album, or wall prints, not the entire wedding, unless the client is willing to pay for an additional week or two of editing. I work up a few images and leave the rest, classic and natural, just making them pop a little.
• your online photos will be ready well within four weeks after your wedding
• packages include a print gallery where friends and family can order prints, or albums from Toronto’s top lab
• I never photograph more than one wedding a day, to ensure that you get the service you deserve (unless you are a four-hour wedding)
• I am passionate about wedding photography and previously worked as the graphic designer for Sposa wedding magazine, did second shooting for Reportage, Piper and Vito Amati studios, shoot every week for a corporate chain and lived in two photography photo studio lofts, so I am not someone who just bought a camera. I did event coverage for an Ever magazine issue. I studied art at the U of T, OCAD, George Brown, the Digital Media Studios (multimedia certificate), Centennial College and am largely self taught, which means I'm a very, highly motivated, professional entrepreneur
• I have active Canadian and EU passports and am available for destination work
• I clone my hard drives, use cloud-based RAW file backup and off-site stored backup, so you are completely covered in multiple ways; avoid amateurs whose cameras don’t have dual memory cards to begin with who are flying by the seat of their pants. This is your wedding.